The Top 14 Accessible Princess Cruises in the Mediterranean contain a mix of sailings on the new Regal Princess ship and the older, smaller Ocean Princess ship.
The Regal Princess ship is brand new in 2014 and has the latest features in onboard accessibility. The Ocean Princess only has 680 passengers and has short distances to walk/roll between venues. Because it is a smaller ship, it can sometimes dock closer to the various city centers.
The strength of Princess Cruise itineraries are the Grand Mediterranean cruises between Barcelona and Venice. Other itineraries can have significant changes to the ports of call depending on the sailing date, and disabled cruisers should be aware of how that might affect their ability to sightsee while in port.
Princess only offers 7 accessible shore excursions in the Mediterranean. Thats not a reason to avoid Princess cruises though, because Sage Traveling offers 200+ accessible shore excursions across 62 Mediterranean cruise ports. We will be able to provide you with a fully accessible cruise vacation!
In 2014, there are essentially 3 types of accessible Princess cruise itineraries in the Mediterranean:
1. Grand Mediterranean sailings on the Regal Princess After June 2014, the Regal Princess will sail 12 night Grand Mediterranean cruises between Barcelona and Venice. These sailings are the most common and most accessible Princess cruise itineraries. The Regal Princess is a Royal Class ship that is brand new and will be launched in 2014.
2. Special sailings on the Regal Princess A few special cruises between Venice, Rome, and Athens occur before July 2014. These are unique and include a great 20 day cruise itinerary.
3. Eastern Mediterranean & Holy Land sailings on the Ocean Princess This R Class cruise ship was built in 2002. It is a fairly small ship with only 680 passengers. For any Ocean Princess cruises, you will have to book FAR in advance to get an accessible cabin. It sails various 7 to 21 night itineraries from Athens, Rome, and Venice.
Cruisers interested in Princess may also want to check out the accessible Celebrity cruises. Celebrity has 3 new, large cruise ships with many sailing dates.
Learn about the 6 Benefits of Booking Your Cruise through Sage Traveling
1. Exclusive Cruise Discounts – We can get you better deals than if you book direct
2. 50 off each Shore Excursion – Receive discounted rates if you book your cruise through us
3. Pre-trip Accessibility Consultation – We help you make informed decisions
4. Pre-cruise Accessible Hotel Recommendations – We have personally inspected accessibility of hotel rooms and the surrounding neighborhoods
5. Emergency Support during your Trip – We quickly solve your accessibility problems based on years of experience doing it for other clients
6. Sage Accessibility Guides for each port – Our Sage Accessibility Guides contain essential accessibility advice for each port
Read more: http://www.sagetraveling.com/best-princess-accessible-cruises
Address: Houston, Texas – USA